There's a good chance you're like us and have been counting down the days until summer. Well friends, it has arrived and is even better than we remembered! Summer is a time to get outside, learn something new and refresh your mind. We've highlighted five ways to kick your summer off to a great start!
1. Take a road trip. Whether you just finished final exams or are already a full-time working adult, we all need a little getaway to renew our minds and spirits. Take a short trip to visit family or escape to a cabin in the woods for a few days! Avoid spending too much money, but be intentional with your time.
2. Make a bucket list. What do you want to do this summer? Make a list and keep it in a place where you'll see it often! Include social activities, personal goals and random acts of kindness. Learning to watercolor, volunteering in the community and hosting a tie-dye party are a few items on our list this summer!
3. Get your nose in a book. Pick out a variety of good books to read this summer. Include one you'll learn something form, one you'll be inspired by and one you'll get lost in the story line of! Keep in mind the option of hands-free, audiobooks. Listen to one as you drive or walk your dog. If you're a person who "doesn't like reading," maybe it is time to give audiobooks a try!
4. Make yummy smoothies. Spend some time in your kitchen creating smoothie recipes. Start by looking at some on Pinterest, and then alter the recipe to what you like best! Smoothies make a delicious summer breakfast, and they are a great, healthy alternative to ice cream.
5. Buy a new swimsuit. Get ready to hit the pool by purchasing a swimsuit that you love and feel comfortable in! Have you heard of Kortni Jeane Swimmers? They make swimsuits for people of all ages and sizes!
(photo taken from Kortni Jeane's Instagram)
Soak in all that summer has to offer and enjoy every minute of it!